Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Carn Dûm
This is one of our series of posts on Lord of the Rings: War in the North Walkthroughs and Cheats (exploits) for the Single Player campaign. For the index of all our posts, click here.
- Prior to leaving for Carn Dûm, finish all your side quests and lighten your inventory of any junk. Once you reach Carn Dûm, there is no Town Portal to bring you back.
- Who was the idiot who designed this level? There are way too many objects here. Lowering your screen resolution and the graphics settings probably won't help much because it is the calculations and object loading that is taking up time.
- When walking around, try to angle your view toward the ground. This reduces the number of objects that are in the field of vision that must be loaded and calculated to see whether they need to be rendered or not.
- Kill all prisoners you encounter before using the lever. Remember to go back to the cell that had the golden chest after using the lever.
- The rest of the map is straightforward and with a lot of crates to keep your ammo resupplied. This map, more than any other, has a mix of melee and ranged combat.
- Agandaûr first encounter: Basically just chase him around and hit him. He summons a troll. Nothing special here as there is just one troll. Afterwards he has unending minions. Ignore the minions, concentrate on him.
- Agandaûr second encounter: Same as before, but when he flies, shoot him. You probably won't even have to call in Beleram for this one.