Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera is more or less straightforward, except for a couple of puzzles that you may find particularly challenging:
- Using the Shepherd's Crook to get the Freezer Key: Unlike most scenes of this type, you can't just click the crook anywhere in the shimmering area. Try placing the hook end of the crook under the key.
- Freezer panel: Below is a slideshow of a sample sequence that will flip all the squares blue. Look for the hand-shaped cursor -- it tells you which tile will be clicked next.
- The demon safe in the Count's Office: This is a tough puzzle involving some vaguely connected numers. The numerical codes are:
- Fire Demon - Code 0832 - Way back (check your journal), Vincent mentions that demon blood is 15 degrees colder. Later, you find a note that says human temperature is 98.2. 98.2 less 15 degrees is 83.2, so the code is 0832.
- Ice demon - Code 1117 - November 17th, the date on the letter in the drawer of the room with the music box. The letter mentions, "The devil himself cast a spell upon my heart, encasing it with ice, cold and unbreakable."
- Darkness Demon - Code 1026 - Outside the Opera House is a pillar with flyers. One of them mentions a radio station FM 102.6 playing "The Deepest Abyss".