Star Wars: Empire at War - C-3PO and R2-D2
This is a hint / walkthrough for a hero in Star Wars: Empire at War. The index of all our guides for Empire at War is here.
- They count as 0 points toward your Unit Capacity. You might as well take them because they are hardy enough to soak a few hits, and their sight range is longer than your other units -- They can spot an Anti-Infantry Turret before it fires; they can see an Anti-Vehicle Turret at the same range as it is allowed to fire.
- Their Repair ability can affect Turrets on Build Pads, but not other types of buildings on Build Pads (e.g., Vehicle Repair Stations or Bacta Healing Stations).
- Their Repair ability takes a fixed amount of time, but also restores any Vehicle or Turret to full health no matter how much damage they had sustained. Shields are not regenerated.
- They are healed by Vehicle Repair Stations instead of Bacta Healing Stations, and do not benefit from infantry dugouts.
- They have no ability to attack anything other than by taking over enemy Turrets. You can shield them briefly from enemy turrets by moving another unit up first, but they still won't last long against a Turret, especially an Anti-Infantry Turret. It is probably best to send them in while a Build Pad is still constructing a Turret. However, if you do try to take an active Turret, move them right up to the base of the Turret first, thereby putting them behind the Turret's minimum range so they can't be shot at while they hack it.
- They are stealth units and you can bring them into orbit to spy on the enemy the same way you can bring a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter into orbit.
- Even if you bring them with your space invasion force, they do not appear in the space battle map.