Neverwinter Nights 2 - Storm of Zehir - Walkthrough Part 2 - Sword Coast
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Storm of Zehir). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2 and Expansions.
Once you are in the Sword Coast, focus on trading first. You can get literally several thousands of Trade Bars and therefore hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of gold from trading them in. Your share of Trade Bars from the company is dependent on upgrades, caravans, and time. Even if you did nothing except while away time, you will earn Trade Bars.
Therefore, do not aim to get large cash rewards from quests. Since you can make XP from encounters, do not aim to get large XP rewards from quests either. Instead, look for History Feats and unique items.
- Wood Elf (Aryvindaire)
- If you parley with them and trade with them, the store uses the Appraise skill of the current party leader, unlike in-town stores where it looks through all characters.
- Once you can construct Trading Posts, you can visit them in each town and use the foot locker behind the counter for storage.
- Teamwork Feats
- Cohorts can help you satisfy some prerequisites.
- If you don't want to bother with the mess of prerequisites, try our mod to remove all restrictions on teamwork feats.
- After giving her gold, she stays in dialogue. You can use Sleight of Hand to pickpocket the gold back before ending dialogue. To select the character with the Sleight of Hand skill, click their portrait in the dialogue window.
- Merchant Cartels
- Before joining, talk to all three cartel representatives for Volo's book. You can finish Volo's merchant research quest entirely in the Sword Coast.
- The story is not significantly different no matter which of the merchant cartels you join. However, joining the shady Fated Winds will give you access to two strong items through Jacoby: The Dread Wraps and the Skin of Shadow (both of which you may remember from Mask of the Betrayer).
- Rynn and Haeromos give different rewards for the two Port Llast tasks. If you do the Army of the Dead quest for Rynn, you can get the unique item Seal of Illusk.
- The Army of the Dead quest ultimately has the best outcome if you:
- Don't attack Port Llast with the undead
- Have Septimund in your party when you speak with Nya, and use Diplomacy on Septimund afterwards to retain him as a cohort (and get 700xp).
- You will need every cohort, including Septimund, if you want to get the best reward from One of Many.
- Kill the Luskans in Port Llast so Nya can set up shop again.
- You can ask the Prioress in the Priory of the Deep to sink the Luskan ship, but since the Luskans are quite weak, you might as well clear them out yourself and also get Auril's Icy Accoutrements.
- If you helped West Harbor against the dragons, Goodwife Aruna will later have a quest for you to investigate the Swamp Cult.
- You need her to reveal the location to you.
- You need to know about Zehir (from Il'foss and Kizu) to receive this quest from Goodwife Aruna.
- There is no prompt to tell you to visit her for the quest when it's available.
- You need Diplomacy to save Jan.